Tyros2.net Store

Links

View Thread

Print Thread
T2 Audio Demo's - Discussion
Da Fletch
#1 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 08:40

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/!autolink_bbcode_include.php on line 20

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/!autolink_bbcode_include.php on line 21

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/!autolink_bbcode_include.php on line 22

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/url_bbcode_include.php on line 21

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/url_bbcode_include.php on line 22

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/mail_bbcode_include.php on line 20

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/mail_bbcode_include.php on line 21

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/img_bbcode_include.php on line 20
I am a little disapointed.
First of al, why is that guy speaking German and not English ?!!?!?!
I think the intro movie is a little poor for a 'launch' of the greatest keyboard ever.

Also I was not impressed by the choice of the demo's.

Surely, the T2 sounds better than the T1, but I would have liked some more
rock, pop, disco, and dance/trance styles.

I thought the T2 can load samples as well...I haven't heard any...

I was also hoping for the brochure and some nice pictures of the T2.

So far I am not blown away. When can we expect more info from Yamaha ?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

TyrosII
#2 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 09:57

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/!autolink_bbcode_include.php on line 20

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/!autolink_bbcode_include.php on line 21

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/!autolink_bbcode_include.php on line 22

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/url_bbcode_include.php on line 21

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/url_bbcode_include.php on line 22

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/mail_bbcode_include.php on line 20

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/mail_bbcode_include.php on line 21

Deprecated: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/www/tyros2.net/public_html/includes/bbcodes/img_bbcode_include.php on line 20
I was mor than disapointedFrown

I didn't hear any difference in sound quality
same audio convertors....?Frown no punchy soundsFrown

not even some technical detailes..Frown

When YAMAHA forced every one to remove the prototype picture, I thought the reason was du to a new design/lookAngry

I hope some one can translate what they are talking about

PS. I wonder why YAMAHA choosed the deutch language to present the new TyrosFrown

and many other questionsFrown

Mark
#3 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 10:35

Guys,

Please bear in mind that this is still not the official launch of the T2. Ofcourse the demo-sounds are limited for this moment, starting from now on, more and more information plus sounds will become available! Keep a close view on the website!

Regards,
Mark

Roel
#4 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 11:53

I just visited the demo site and they blew me away !! WOW !
ShockPfftCoolGrin
If someone is not able to notice the differences between the T1 and T2, he should hurry to visit a doctor to do an 'ear check' . Cool

I have no problems with the German Language. Michel Voncken lives is Germany, the chief sound design engineer is a German as well. This might be the reason to choose German ?

But if anyone needs a translation, I can transform the text into Englisch if you like.

Isn't it a bit premature to write "I'm disappointed" because not your favorite styles are demoed ?

The sax is stunning ! There are more files to come every ten days from now. (The need the time to record them)
Edited by Roel on 04-09-2005 11:54

Kenneth
#5 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 11:57

Super Administrator

Agree with you Roel, it sounds good.
But ten days to record more files? I could do it in "no time" Grin
Edited by Kenneth on 04-09-2005 11:58

www.kengun.com
Da Fletch
#6 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 12:08

I don't have a problem with the German Language either, but i an imagine that others do.

I didn't hear what I wanted to hear, so in that respect I am a little disapointed.
Howevery, I agree with you that the sax really sounds fantastic and 70's guitar also

Roel, How do you know that we will get more files every 10 days ?

TheWolf
#7 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 14:07

Well it was good to have at least some audio demos, but I agree about the sauerkraut-munching narrator.. it should have been released universally in English.

No specs whatsoever. No technical details. No picture, apart from a crappy computer generated "video".

Well let's hope we see more information coming in tomorrow and next week.

Kenneth
#8 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 14:51

Super Administrator

Da Fletch wrote:
Surely, the T2 sounds better than the T1, but I would have liked some more rock, pop, disco, and dance/trance styles.

I agree. With the shlager kind of styles like Alp Balad and the oldish Euro pop organ style, it sounds like a "old-man-keyboard". Give us more rock and pop styles.
Edited by Kenneth on 04-09-2005 14:55

www.kengun.com
TyrosII
#9 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 14:58

Roel: I think that you may go to doctor to do an eye check Cool

If you read "carfully" what I wrote, you may pay more attention for you'r answers next timeGrinWink

I talked about sound "Quality" not the type of sounds "Super Articulation technique"

mvdkallen: I hope with the built in sampler we can synchronise "stereo wave files" with each vriation (this function is possible in KETRON SD-1 but only one mono wave file per style)

jkwhyd
#10 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 15:41

I am a owner of the PSR 3k. Before I purchased my 3k, I compared the relative values of my instrument vs. Tyros 1.

While the demos illustrated a vast improvement of the 2 over 1, I was disappointed in not getting technical details of the 2.

Kenneth
#11 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 15:59

Super Administrator

Listen carefully to the Trumpet voice sample (in point 2). You can even hear the breath to the trumpet player. That's cool Smile - I didn't recognice it first time I listen to it.

www.kengun.com
bhaylett
#12 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 16:54

The first British demos to shop staff take place tomorrow. They are hopeful they might have some specs to publish on Tuesday or Wednesday. What you have now is just a preview. Staff training comes later in September and the unveiling at Caister on October 1st.

Brian

Ocala
#13 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 17:30

Unveiling in Caister on October 1st! Where is Caister? Ken... you are so right. The great sounds of the trumpet are 'sweet'.

Thomas M
#14 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 17:53

Hello guys
Don't be afraid that he talks german. It is nothing important.
In the audio demos, he just say the diffrences between the old and new sound.
Or that you control the breathing-noise for the trumpet / sax-sound via
foot controller...
And in the video he tells nothing new. If you read the Infos here, you are, perhaps
a Tyros2-specialist Wink
But if someone want to translate something, tell me. I'll try to help you. Cool

Greetz
Thomas

Da Fletch
#15 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 19:54

Thomas, allthough I am not German I can follow what the guy is talking about, and I guess that is for most people. I just think it's a little strange that it's not presented in English.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against German and Slager music, but it's just not my cup of tea. Wink

Roel
#16 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 21:46

For those who do not understand German I tried to translate the video demo :

Evolution is the most powerfull force in Nature:
What’s new and stonger, replaces all that what was good for years.

Modifications for the needs of life.
Evolution is the source of life
Tyros-2 is the source for music
Tyros-2 is the new species in the world of music
Equiped with new features that makes it absolutely far superior

Please listen to 2 newly created styles for Tyros-2
With the super-articulation voices the Tyros-2 brings new life into your playing
Never before there were this manu new topsounds in one musical instrument.
Multipads and styles that use so many megavoices...... 400 newly born in Tyros 2

Experience the top of best sounds ever, the new 4-layer keyboard, integrated sample player and harddiskrecording.

Never before the were this many revolutionary functions in one machine..... until now !
Tyros 2 joins them all !

Voice customize function, RGB video out, text viewer, USB to device and Yamaha internet direct connection.
Be prepared to step into a new musical life, follow the evolution, Life finds a way.
Tyros-2 IS evolution, Tyros-2 is Life, Tyros-2 is music, Tyros-2 is NOW !!

Please realize both languages are not my 'first' language. Grin Grin
If someone is interested I could do the same for the other audio demos..... just let me know.

Roel
#17 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 21:58

TyrosII,

Did I tell YOU to visit a doctor ? Please tell me where did I say that ?Cool

Perhaps Germany is the country where most Tyros-es are sold and Yamaha Germany was ready first with the demo-production.
Probably the international sites will follow soon with english spoken text...... at least : music is international !

TyrosII
#18 Print Post
Posted on 04-09-2005 22:41

Roel: anyway I have to do this as soon as possibleSad

Thanks for translatingCool

They didn't mentioned if Tyros2 have Digital I/O
They didn't mentioned if Tyros2 can read/write Mp3 Files
They didn't mentioned if Tyros2 can synchronise stereo wave files with style variations
They didn't mentioned if Tyros2 have the 1 Giga SRAM or Flash RAM
They didn't mentioned if Tyros2 have better audio converters than the T1

IMOH, these things shall make the upgrade to Tyros2 interseting, not only some new voices and new functions Wink

Ocala
#19 Print Post
Posted on 05-09-2005 00:40

Once we get our lives back in order here in the southeastern USA from hurricane Katrina, I'll buy one of these Tyros 2's. I hope the music that I play (contemporary praise) will remind many here that we still have hope and a rekindled spirit to rebuild. Having listened to some of the samples here, I am convinced that the versitility of the Tyros 2, will satisfy everyones desire for something. As someone previously said... music knows no language... no nationality... and I can't wait until the day I can play "Amazing Grace" on the Tyros 2.
Edited by Ocala on 05-09-2005 00:43

Kenneth
#20 Print Post
Posted on 05-09-2005 09:15

Super Administrator

Ocala, I hope you'll send your "Amazing Grace" to me, and I will upload it for others to download it. Take care.

www.kengun.com
Jump to Forum:
Render time: 0.08 seconds
9,929,096 unique visits